Trust Administrative Support Clerk
Section 1: Position Summary
Supports all clerical functions (typing, filing, faxing, copying, mass mailings, phone and mail) to ensure that daily Benefit Trust Services Department Operations needs are achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Learn functions of all aspects of Support Staff Team to fully support the team and to help maintain excellent customer service
- Provide clerical assistance necessary to ensure the office meets all service standards including filing, copying, mailings necessary reporting, assisting with opening mail, etc. (Including handling COBRA and HIPAA protected information.)
- Assist administrator with data entry such as contribution and enrollment processes as needed.
- Prepare and make all deposits via the necessary process (electronic, paper, etc.) for each Trust.
- Utilize Benefit Trust Services department Electronic and Paper filing procedures when completing any clerical task including scanning of necessary reports and documents.
- Provide back up to office receptionist (office duties) as needed.
- Deliver daily outgoing mail to mailbox.
- Pick-up incoming mail daily from mailbox.
- Provide clerical back up support for Benefit Trust Services team members
- Assist in mass mail projects
- Miscellaneous errands (post office, bank, etc.)
- Meet all quality, productivity, and turnaround goals
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Learn functions of Benefit Trust Services administration
- Obtain a basic knowledge of prevailing wage fringe benefit guidelines, COBRA and HIPPA rules and regulations
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Organization and prioritization skills
- Software Skills: MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), TMS, VHCS, COBRA Solutions Etc.
- Online portals for Insurance Carriers
- Bank Deposit Machines (WF CEO, CB&T, Union Bank etc)
- Detail orientation
- Ability to work independently
- Effective Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates initiative
- Good judgment
- 1 – 2 years office experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress