VP, State Sponsored Retirement Plan - Business Development
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million Americans save for the future. We are experiencing exceptional growth. Ascensus was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over the last three years! Not to mention, we are also the leading US provider of administration services for government sponsored retirement programs for private workers. We are currently partnered with the first two states in the nation to sponsor state auto-IRA programs: Oregon and Illinois. As more states across the country look to launch programs, we are seeking a VP of Business Development to drive growth in this new business area. In this critical role, you will work with executive leadership across Ascensus to drive our corporate strategy on government sponsored retirement.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Develop Ascensus domestic state-sponsored retirement strategy
- Evaluate state program options and recommend Ascensus strategy around state consortiums, voluntary IRA programs, MEPs, and marketplace options
- Leverage Ascensus resources to develop a thorough understanding of legal/regulatory issues
- Analyze and recommend recordkeeping and administration options
- Develop strategic partnerships to deepen the Ascensus product offering
- Leverage internal and external resources to provide support to state governments who are considering studies or legislation around state-sponsored retirement programs
- Build a process to monitor the competitive landscape for retirement administration providers
- Represent Ascensus at governing board meetings
- Drive consolidated proposal efforts to respond to Requests for Proposals
- Creation and submission of RFP response, including economic models/pricing, marketing plans, legal reviews
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience; minimum of 5 years working in institutional business development, preferably in the public sector market. Government relations experience preferred. Retirement products/services industry experience required.
- Deep understanding of the retirement space legal/regulatory framework.
- Ability to develop deep understanding of the Ascensus product and service offering and communicate the offering to prospective clients and partners
- Ability to support state legislative bodies with Ascensus expertise as they consider options for launching retirement initiatives.
- Strong presentation/communication skills.
- Capability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Some travel required.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress