Regional Vice President - Retirement Plan Sales (Pacific Northwest Region - AK, ID, MT, NV, OR, & WA)
Serving Pacific Northwest Region - (AK, ID, MT, NV, OR, & WA)
Ascensus, a proven leader in the retirement industry, has unique opportunity for a self-starting sales professional with a successful track record in this arena. Specifically, we are not looking for a professional who is only concerned about closing sales. Rather, someone who has passion for their craft and will only sell if they believe in their product and the company they work for. At Ascensus, we believe you are a brand ambassador in the field and exhibiting our values is an expectation. Achieving success is both reaching productivity goals, and equally as important… how you got there along the way. Developing relationships both internally and the right ones externally are critical to everyone’s success. Not to mention, you will have a leadership team that is second to none. They have over 70 years of combined industry experience to be a supportive resource when you need it. So if you have the right balance of technical and relationship building skills… and can live company values, we encourage you to learn more about joining our team.
The Regional Vice President’s (RVP) primary responsibility is to facilitate the growth of retirement plan sales through Financial Professionals, TPAs, RIAs, and DC I/O Firms. This is accomplished through promoting both our product options and our alliance partners’ products, advising and assisting Financial Professionals during the prospecting stage, and attending sales calls as requested. Person must live in Portland surrounding area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong, in-depth ERISA and plan design knowledge
- Ability to discuss industry trends with high end DC focused Financial Professionals
- Ability to learn multiple platform/product solutions; assist Financial Professionals with a “needs analysis” to ensure recommending the appropriate solution
- Strong knowledge of key competitors with the ability to highlight our competitive advantages without “negative selling”
- Establish and maintain productive, working relationships with Financial Professionals with the goal of earning their retirement plan business
- Coordinate wholesaling efforts with Ascensus Internal Sales Coordinator (ISC’s/internal sales) and ASC Internals to maximize coverage and effectiveness
- Remain current on industry, technical and product knowledge. Complete management reports, expense reports and other special tasks as requested.
- Conduct a minimum of fifty (50) meetings per month , 45 with Financial Professionals and document meetings in CRM
- Maintain list of Financial Professionals” to help develop territory practices/geographic rotation
- Ability to discuss Fiduciary [3(21)] Solutions, including various mutual fund share classes and impact on plan/cost
- Ability to discuss in detail operating expenses of investment products, impact of certain share classes on overall “cost” of services to Financial Professionals and Employers
- Assist existing employers and Financial Professionals in the retention of current business (as needed)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong working relationships with DCIO firms in region to promote our solutions to Financial Professionals
- Participation, as needed, in “finals presentations”
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7-10 years of experience in the retirement plan industry or 3-5 years experience in a wholesaling role in the retirement plan industry
- Proven successful sales experience of full service defined contribution recordkeeping and administrative services
- Over-night travel is required
- Superior time management skills required
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, unsupervised environment
- Series 6 and 63 (or the ability to obtain within six months of employment)
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress