Compliance Service Specialist (Part Time)
Section 1: Position Summary
The Compliance Servicing Specialist position is primarily responsible for providing front-line call center and operational process support to financial institutions such as credit unions, banks, and Ascensus staff. The nature of the support provided is typically on Individual Retirement Account (IRA), Coverdell Educational Savings Account (ESA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) compliance issues, regulations and operating procedures. This position requires that the specialist becomes proficient in their knowledge of complex compliance issues and the use of several operating systems. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of IRS rules and regulations and Ascensus operational processes. The specialist is also responsible to promote the expansion of Ascensus products in the marketplace where appropriate. Extensive training is provided up front and is intended to assist in the process of learning the role and strengthening the knowledge base of the candidate.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Answer inbound phone calls from our clients to provide compliance and operational assistance related to IRA, HSA, ESA and other account types as necessary.
- Process death claims and miscellaneous forms related to the death claim process for our client’s deceased IRA, HSA or ESA account owners.
- Take advantage of opportunities to identify and cross-sell other Ascensus products – Maintain basic knowledge of all products and services offered throughout Ascensus, and any new products introduced within the market place that would benefit our clients.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a trade-off in related work experience
- Previous experience in a call center environment preferred.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Previous knowledge of financial services industry specifically related to financial organizations such as Credit Unions and Banks
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Proven ability to use effective listening and problem solving skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress