Client Relationship Manager
This position will work closely with all sales, service and operations partners to serve as the focal point for existing big and elite advisor plan clients and their financial advisors. Responsibilities include relationship management for these plan accounts and financial advisors ensuring a successful service experience, product enhancements and plan retention. Providing consultative advice and support as a dedicated contact to ensure execution of coordinated strategies to support the plan client and their financial professional. Promote plan retention via ownership, troubleshooting and problem resolution resulting in the prevention of escalated service issues associated with assigned accounts.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Consistently demonstrate a superior level of proactive client focus and team work.
- Leverage industry knowledge to promote client satisfaction, leading to retention and organic growth.
- Develop strong working relationships with daily client contacts.
- Provide ownership for the resolution of issues escalated by clients and financial professionals.
- Act as an internal advocate for clients and financial professionals by coordinating with internal Ascensus departments.
- Review existing book of business to identify plan retention and create strategy for non-elite advisors.
- Develop relationships with C-level decision makers for assigned accounts to develop education and communication strategies.
- Cross-sell revenue opportunities, educate financial professionals/plan sponsors regarding, products, processes and services.
- Compile data, track communications, escalations and offer solutions to enhance the Ascensus experience by optimizing plan design and promoting product features and services.
- Lead and/or participate in projects that create additional value for existing relationships.
- Compile and analyze data associated with clients and financial professionals and conduct outreach activities including call campaigns to build/strengthen existing relationships and gain share of wallet.
- Maintain proficiency with multiple partner products and Ascensus’ proprietary products to effectively manage key relationships across these platforms.
- Maintain proficiency with regulatory, financial, accounting, service, operations and compliance aspects of the relationship management function
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in retirement services industry or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ prior experience with direct client/client equivalent relationships within a financial services administrative environment
- Certification or working towards certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) in industry-related studies program preferred
- Ability to work independently as required, but also work within and contribute to maintaining a highly-cohesive team environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with a high level of independence
- Must be detail oriented and be able to produce high quality work within tight time constraints
- Ability to make sound business judgments while effectively balancing client needs and organizational considerations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including group presentation experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to coordinate and run meetings attended by senior-level personnel in both internal and external environments
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to travel as required
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress