Section 1: Position Summary
The position will be tasked with supporting and enhancing, as required, properties within the Ascensus digital ecosystem such as: Jahia CMS and secure pages on the Unite platform, Responsibilities will include developing front-end responsive user experiences and interfaces for these systems. Collaborating with Marketing leadership, back-end development, visual design, product management, business analysts and customers, as required, on implementation and strategy, code behaviors, troubleshooting and solutions for these systems. May assist with testing and participate in usability reviews. Remain current on user experience and user interface programming trends and techniques and suggest new tools and methods as necessary. The UX developer is expected to independently organize their work, attend and lead meetings, and provide brand governance.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Reporting to the Director of User Experience
- Designing user experiences, journey maps, websites, web pages, web-optimized graphics, prototype development and Google Analytics.
- Working with internal stakeholders to determine requirements and interfacing with external customers, consultants and agencies when applicable.
- Ability to brainstorm and provide implementable web solutions for tactical marketing needs
- Participate in strategizing concepts with UX leadership for upcoming projects
- Ensures that all of our sites meet our brand standards and those of our partners and has strong interpersonal skills for working with and influencing our partners and associates in understanding our user’s journeys on our websites and application pages.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Works independently on important projects,
- Manage workflow and assignments for other UX designers, content developers, FODEV, and IT Systems, as required
- Liaison with Ascensus IT on the development and implementation of the above work
- Provide guidance and direction to the business on the UX of projects.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of enterprise level UX experience.
- Experience working with websites in a multi-tenant IA to support branded partners
- Prior experience working in Marketing, Business Analysts, and/or Front-end Development
- Prior CMS experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant technical training in field or minimum 5 years relevant experience working in digital as a front end content and/or UI/UX designer
- Ability to understand business requirements and concepts and translate those into technology requirements for development
- Conscientious, hardworking, attention to detail
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Conceptual abilities and ability to present ideas
- A strong working knowledge of CMS principles, wire framing and best practices
- Basic idea of the principles of SDLC and working with Developers and Relational Databases
- An ability to multitask on many different projects
- Time management across multiple projects and ability to work with various members of different teams to ensure quality and timing delivery
- Excellent organizational skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress