Implementation Analyst (Retirement industry exp. req.)
Supporting client onboarding processes to ensure key deliverables are met. Participate in client and financial professional meetings pertaining to the plan set up. Assist with conversion and translation of financial and demographic data to ensure accurate and timely transition of plan assets and establish recordkeeping on appropriate platform. Demonstrate a high level of client satisfaction to Plans and Partners by following process and procedures for the implementation of plans to meet deadlines and quality levels set by the company.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Communication Skills - Communicates proactively with plans sponsors and financial professionals. Demonstrates ability to document procedures that are clear and easy to understand. Effectively communicates with clients on specific tasks.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and solves problems utilizing resources/procedures for a specific process, with a defined resolution. Regularly takes ownership of problems with undefined resolutions based on knowledge of concepts.
- Conflict Resolution - Addresses conflicts with team as well as effectively escalating cross team conflict so that leadership can address. Assists associates on the team in finding positive solutions and outcomes.
- Time Management/Prioritization - Strong understanding of set priorities for the role. Rarely needs assistance with conflicting priorities to ensure all deliverables are met. Responsibility to manage own tasks.
- Work Style - Works well independently and regularly takes lead in a team environment. Is able to communicate their expertise for the benefit of the larger work team.
- Provides clear external and internal communication to clients, financial professionals and Sales Team regarding key events and functions pertaining to plan onboarding.
- Assist with initial Plan review with plan sponsor and financial professional
- Review Investment Mapping setup with plan sponsor and financial professional
- Act as back up for Implementation Manager during certain times of the year including but not limited to vacation coverage
- Participate in interactions with prior record keepers and/or clients as they complete the onboarding process to ensure all required testing and Form 5500 data has been received and loaded.
- Communicate missing information to applicable external parties regarding data necessary to complete the first year Compliance Testing and 5500.
- Successfully monitor follow-up on assigned items, including seeing problems to resolution and closure. Escalating client trends or issues to appropriate management.
- Participate in payroll setup calls for both transfer and start up plans to ensure timely and accurate submission of contributions and all demographic data required for accurate plan administration.
- Performs updates to various internal tracking systems to ensure accurate tracking of implementation milestones.
- Provides input to Sales Team and Director on potential client issues or implementation delays.
- Proactively escalates potential risks to appropriate leadership staff that impact either service satisfaction and/or financial liability.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of industry experience in financial services or retirement services environment.
- Outstanding client focused background, demonstrating experience working in high paced environment.
- Efficient knowledge of ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the Ascensus organization and with external Ascensus clients.
- Outstanding computer literacy with recordkeeping systems and trust systems.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a high stress environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities.
- Ability to work overtime to meet the needs and cyclical trends of the business organization
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress