Client Service Associate
This position is responsible for delivering exceptional customer service to participants of retirement plans within the Participant Service Center. Exceptional service is professional, personal, knowledgeable, timely, and accurate and adds value to the customer. A Client Service Associate proactively engages a participant during phone interactions, anticipates their needs, and offers assistance and solutions to product offerings. This role researches and responds to participant inquiries, and at the request of participants, initiates account transaction requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide timely, accurate and concise service to participant inquiries and requests.
• Proactively engage participants, anticipate their needs and offer assistance and solutions.
• Establish appropriate service expectations by sharing relevant processes and time frames related to specific inquires and requests.
• Respond to all participant phone inquiries and requests in a timely and accurate manner.
• Initiate and complete account transactions as requested by participants.
• Document all participant calls and transactions timely and thoroughly.
• Proactively communicate and coordinate efforts with Plan Services Group (PSG) units to address all participant service issues and provide necessary research, problem solving and resolution.
• Meet department and individual service level and quality goals and support department business objectives.
• Perform quality review of work to ensure accuracy of transactions and documentation.
• Continuously develop knowledge of requirement plan recordkeeping and administration, as well as the rules and regulations that govern defined contribution plans.
• Maintain professional call management etiquette at all times.
• Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
• The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Ability to work 20 hours per week, if necessary, between the hours of 10:00 – 3:00 PM CT, Monday – Friday
• Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
• Prior customer service required
• Retirement service experience preferred
• Strong client focus and client service skills mandatory
• Manage client expectations
• Exercise effective business decision skills and creative problem solving
• Effectively balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in computer navigation and software applications, MS Word in particular
• Initiative the development and growth of knowledge and skills
• Work well in a dynamic team environment and under pressure
• Work in a contact center environment using a keyboard/mouse and headset for extended periods of time
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress