Client Service Representatives (Processing/Transactional)
Ascensus College Savings is the leading administrator of 529 college savings plans, dedicated to servicing the needs of its clients, their plans, and millions of families saving for college across the country. The company provides a range of service models, from recordkeeping and administration to full-service program management. We have several exciting NEW opportunities for customer service-oriented individuals to work out of our office coming to Warwick, RI. New Grads are encouraged to apply! Various shifts available - day and evening.
Position Purpose: The Client Service Representative is responsible for processing financial transactions and customer requests at a high rate of quality and productivity into 529 college savings plans. This role is responsible for following a variety of documented product procedures and matrices for multiple partners. The Candidate must be able to work in a high-paced environment. A degree of decision making is essential to this position. Overtime may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Process a diverse range of financial and non-financial transactions including but not limited to:
- New Account Set Up
- Account Contributions
- Account Disbursements
- Fund Transfers and Exchanges
- Client Correspondence
- Consistently meet productivity, timeliness, and quality standards.
- Periodically assist or coordinate support for other functional units.
- Perform quality assurance on transactions processed by peers.
- Overtime during some weekends and holidays may be required.
- Complete core corporate training and develop solid knowledge of systems.
- Provide input into new department policies and procedures.
- Consistently improve job knowledge to advance service capabilities through training and self study.
- Learn and follow plan rules and procedures that vary by partner/plan.
- Recommend improvements to applications, workflows, and procedures.
- Staff are required to come up with project ideas to improve departmental functions and are measured on their input to the process.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to team members as a result of performing quality assurance on team member’s work.
- Willingness to work as a team and provide quality service to our clients.
- Assist management during busy periods to mentor and evaluate temporary staff.
- 1 to 2 years experience in a professional work environment preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Detail oriented, PC/keyboard proficient, flexible, self-motivated, ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Prior financial service industry experience.
- Series 6 and 63 licenses are preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress