Lead Software Engineer
As a Lead Software Engineer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, writing beautiful code by using the best engineering practices in the industry today (e.g. unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns). Passion for all aspects of software development is a critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software.
As a key contributor to the Scrum team, you will be responsible for delivering solutions that adhere to the software architecture strategy, coding standards, and established organizational policies and procedures.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and robust applications
- Independently analyze, implement, test, document and maintain new and current software applications in support of achieving the business goals.
- Create estimates, assist with planning resources and tasks, and tracking team progress throughout the software development life cycle.
- Participate in software architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the organization.
- Lead or assist in technical initiatives working with multiple groups
- Lead by example, act as a role model, coach, mentor and provide continuous feedback to other team members
- Establish and enforce development best practices
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Lead, evaluate, and provide technical and architectural guidance to team members.
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress