Customer Service Specialists - Retirement (new grads can apply)
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million Americans save for the future. We are experiencing exceptional growth! Ascensus was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over three years! As a result, we are adding several NEW opportunities for experienced IRA service professionals and entry-level candidates who want to learn our business and growth with us. Therefore, recent grads are encouraged to apply.
Our IRA Customer Service Specialist positions are responsible for delivering exceptional customer service that exceeds IRA Owner expectations in all contact interactions. This position entails having an advanced level of Traditional and Roth IRA knowledge and is primarily responsible for providing front-line call center and operational process support to IRA Owners. In addition, this position processes applications, verifies documentation, processes distribution requests, rollovers from 401k plans, pulls fees, and responds to IRA owner inquiries.
- Provide technical and operational assistance to IRA Owners
- Perform support functions for all IRA Owners
- Interact directly with IRA Owners, answering questions and offer guidance regarding IRA accounts as well as the regulations surrounding them
- Process IRA Service Agreements
- Data input and verification of all customer information pertaining to the initial application
- Process distribution requests correctly and within the service levels defined within partner agreements and operational goals
- Scan all data into the optical imaging system
- Perform a variety of tasks related to opening, maintaining and closing out IRA accounts
- Take initiative to continuously develop skills and industry knowledge to enhance the value of all customer interactions
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements to back office processes identified through daily interaction with customers and internal operations teams
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Communication Skills
- Technical Knowledge - ERISA knowledge or job specific technical knowledge preferred, but not required.
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management/Prioritization
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred
- Knowledge of financial services industry and IRA products preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with PC’s including Microsoft Office software applications
- Certified IRA Services Professional (CISP) a plus, but not required.
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress