Manager, Infrastructure Services
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 7 million Americans save for the future. We are experiencing exceptional growth. Ascensus was recently named to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in U.S. by achieving 65% revenue increase over the last three years! To ensure our continued success, we need a seasoned manager to be responsible for the delivery and operation of the Corporate and Retirement division's compute, storage, and hosting services across Ascensus locations.
- Operationally responsible for Ascensus’ Enterprise Microsoft Windows server environment.
- Lead and manage a team of systems engineers in delivering 24/7 infrastructure services.
- Responsible for the Infrastructure and Cloud Services roadmap.
- Prioritize and coordinate projects and solutions that achieve the goals of scalability, performance, and stability.
- Identify, share, and spearhead opportunities for technological and/or process improvement.
- Optimize and/or automate the team’s operational responsibilities in order to increase the team’s capacity to work on growth and transformational projects.
- Collaborate and enable the team through documentation, information sharing, training and mentoring.
- Design technical solutions for compute and storage needs supporting business initiatives.
- Mentor and coach other members of the team on technical and process skills.
- Oversee capacity, availability, event, incident, and problem management processes.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and the proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Expert in managing enterprise Microsoft Windows server environments: Advanced Group Policy Management, Active Directory, PowerShell, IIS
- Deep knowledge of converged infrastructure and enterprise storage systems
- Proven understanding of how world-class technology infrastructure organizations leverage products, services, and strategies to optimize infrastructure service delivery.
- Takes a detail oriented, methodical, logical approach to solutions.
- Assertive, charismatic, and energetic team leader that excels in a results-focused organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively across the entire organization.
- Possesses an innovative and change-oriented personality that isn’t afraid to proceed where it was before deemed difficult, off-limits, or immutable.
- 8+ years’ experience managing complex distributed compute and storage environments.
- Understanding of ITIL or ITSM extremely attractive.
- Financial industry experience preferred.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress