Software Developer - UIUX Developer
Section 1: Position Summary
We are seeking an experienced UI\UX software developer to create industry leading UI components for our mobile, web and desktop experience in the financial industry. This position will have responsibility for complete end-to-end UI development and has strong opportunities for growth. A strong candidate will leverage modern technologies to quickly create and continuously refine UI components within an overall architecture. We seek proficiency in HTML5/CSS4, Single Page Applications and component libraries, the ability to refine UI interactions, and deliver fluid and highly optimized code. The ideal candidate will have experience working in agile teams, with software developers, UX designers, QE and business. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user-experience journey into a smooth and intuitive interaction. You may also work with business intelligence and marketing teams, prototyping, wire framing, and optimizing design as required, with overall visual development as the goal.
Passion for all aspects of software development is critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- UX and design is very important to us. We want them to be important to you too.
- Your code must reflect standards of high-quality, thoughtfulness, scalability and maintainability
- xpect to communicate and collaborate often with myriad users.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Implement and iterate quickly on concepts, prototypes and production-ready software.
- Provide recommendations for product orientation, technology selection and solution design
- Work collaboratively with development team and designers to effectively realize interactive prototypes in high quality, optimized implementations
- In partnership with developers, interface the UI architecture to back-end processing to create seamless, scalable, and fast user responses
- Deliver components onto mobile and desktop experience, considering localization, security, metrics capture, and screen requirements
- Evolve UI architecture in line with company and product roadmap objectives
- Create structure and plans to effectively communicate and manage change
- Shift easily among projects of a variety of size and scope according to the needs
- Be a positive influence, respect your peers and adapt to cultural trends and activities.
- Assisting in estimating and planning throughout the software development life cycle.
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 5+ or more years of experience and proven track record in the UI\UX development
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview, this is critical
- Portfolio must illustrate strong UI and graphic design skills, and be easily available for review
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Excellent graphic design skills: sketching/wireframing/storyboarding abilities on paper and screen
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, and Quartz.
- Strong understanding of the effective use of color and composition
- Proven ability to communicate visually, identifying and defining visual design issues and solutions
- Understanding of web and interactive design fundamentals
- A desire to learn, grow, and work in an iterative design environment
- Ability to communicate and play nice with others in a dynamic team environment
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Familiarity or experience with Agile engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Experience in open source development
- Experience with working with legacy code
- Sitecore experience
- Strong experience working with software developers, quality engineers (QE), ops. engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and passion for developing good software.
- Experience participating in design discussions with both technical and non-technical audiencesExperience mentoring and leading more-junior developers.
- Contributed to Open Source software
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress