Retirement Service Associates/Consultants
Are you knowledgeable of retirement plans and possess exceptional client service experience? This is an opportunity for you to join a distinguished award winning financial services company locally here in Dresher, PA or Cranbury, NJ. Our associates rated us so highly that we earned recognition as a Top Workplace five times in a row by Philly.com!
We’re specifically looking for candidates who understand the complexities of retirement plans, and have the ability to assist our clients with a consultative approach. This will require you to look at inquiries and challenges from a holistic view and apply the right balance of product technical knowledge and operational logic to develop clear next step recommendations for quality client call outcomes.
What makes any Career at Ascensus so rewarding?
· Collaborative, Idea-sharing Environment
· Professional Development (In-house Training & Tuition Reimbursement)
· Generous Reward Programs
· Paid Time Off (additional purchase plan)
· Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
· Health Savings Account - (employer contribution up to $1,100)
· 401K & 529 Match Programs
· Volunteer/Charitable-Giving Programs
· Business Casual Dress
Position Purpose: Responsible for providing client service to our partners, intermediaries and plan sponsors; developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of retirement plans and Ascensus products and services with the goal of helping our clients manage their retirement plans appropriately; partnering with Relationship Manager to deliver client satisfaction by providing retirement plan and operational expertise, proactively identifying, owning and resolving client issues and engaging clients with value added consulting.
Responsibilities: Protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
Additional responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture. Maintain and continue to grow detailed knowledge and understanding of retirement plan rules and Ascensus business and product offerings
• Consistently provide a high level of consultative proactive client service in a professional manner.
• Develop effective working relationships with team and internal departments in order to provide effective service for our clients. Successfully identify record and monitor assigned items; includes determining required action for resolution of client issues.
• Ensure inquires and issues are resolved and service levels are met.
• Provide thorough, high quality research, problem solving and issue resolution
• Provide clients and advisors clear and concise communication regarding services, execution and resolution throughout the service cycle.
• Participates in creating a strategy with Relationship manger to ensure client retention.
• Identify, document and address risks through superior client service. Communicate with team in order to keep all informed and support current client strategy.
• Assist in the management of vendor relationships on behalf of clients and partner.
• Deliver client retention by anticipating client’s needs, recommending changes or actions, in conjunction with the Relationship manager.
• Achieve individual and team goals for service levels, growth and retention for assigned book of business.
• Identify and document systematically “opportunity plans” working with Relationship Manager on a strategy to mitigate risk.
• Proactively communicate with the client and partners regarding all components of service delivery. Solicit and share feedback with appropriate internal resources in order to improve the client experience.
• Ensure that our commitments to our clients are met by proactively reviewing the status of assigned plans’ periodic activity (compliance testing, 5500, quarterly statements, RMDs, etc.).
• Assess client objectives, needs and behaviors to suggest plan, product or functionality changes to improve results for our clients.
• Educate client regarding plan features, product capabilities or Ascensus functionality and process.
• Act in the role as the subject matter expert on specific topics for initiatives with responsibility for training and assisting others across departments in area of expertise.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work exp.
• Minimum 3 years direct client exp. and Retirement Services industry exp. or thorough knowledge preferred
• Knowledge of retirement plans, ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents (individually designed and prototype).
• Certification or working towards certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) in industry-related studies program preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the Ascensus organization, as well as with our client base.
• Excellent presentation skills, business etiquette, client service skills and time management.
• Demonstrated professionalism in all aspects of the role.
• Exp. with financial services systems (i.e. recordkeeping, trust, trading); and experience with plan recordkeeping and trust reconciliation.
• Proficiency in MS Office software applications; Word and Excel required; Access and PowerPoint preferred.
• Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional client service.
• Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a demanding environment.
• Ability to make sound business judgments concerning issues which, if mishandled, have the potential to create substantial financial and client relations liabilities for the company.
• Ability to work extended hours to meet business needs as required.
• Quality focus with attention to detail.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress