Client Service/Mail Operations Reps. - TEMPORARY
Ascensus College Savings is the leading administrator of 529 college savings plans, dedicated to servicing the needs of its clients, their plans, and millions of families saving for college across the country. We provide a range of service models, from recordkeeping and administration to full-service program management. We have several exciting TEMPORARY processing/mail operations opportunities for customer service-oriented individuals to work out of our Newton, MA office. New Grads are encouraged to apply! Various shifts available - day and evening.
Temporary Positions starts in November and ends in January.
There is opportunity for potential permanent employment upon assignment completion.
Position Purpose: sorting, imaging and processing financial transactions and customer requests at a high rate of quality and productivity into 529 college savings plans. This role is responsible for following a variety of documented product procedures and matrices for multiple partners in a fast paced environment. A strong attention to detail is needed in this role. Overtime may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process a diverse range of financial and non-financial transactions including but not limited to:
- New Account Set Up
- Account Contributions
- Account Disbursements
- Consistently meet productivity, timeliness and quality standards.
- Perform quality assurance on transactions processed by peers.
- Open, prepare and image mail received.
- Reconcile and cashier deposit batches
- Overtime during some weekends and holidays may be required.
Training / Job Knowledge
- Complete core corporate training and develop solid knowledge of proprietary software applications used to process client requests.
- Consistently improve job knowledge to advance service capabilities through training and self study.
- Learn and follow plan rules and procedures that vary by partner.
- Provide exceptional client service skills by completing client requests in a timely manner with high accuracy rates.
- Demonstrate strong problem resolution skills by working through issues using resources provided.
Constructive suggestions on how to leverage technology to improve quality and/or productivity
Willingness to work as a team and provide quality service to our clients in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree
- 6 months experience in a professional work environment is preferred
- financial service, client service, or customer service experience preferred experience with financial intermediaries is an asset.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress