Software Development Lead
Section 1: Position Summary
As a Lead Software Developer at Ascensus, you will be working in a high-energy team, writing beautiful code by using the best engineering practices in the industry today (e.g. unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns). Passion for all aspects of software development is a critical. We are building teams that are empowered to solve the business needs by having a rapid development and deployment pipeline with a focus on automation and releasing software.
As a Lead Software Developer member of a Scrum team, responsible for delivering solutions that adhere to the software architecture strategy, coding standards, and established organizational policies and procedures.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzing, implementing, testing, documenting and maintaining new and current software applications in support of achieving the business goals.
- Assisting in story estimates, planning resources and tasks, and tracking team progress throughout the software development life cycle.
- Participating in software architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the organization.
- Championing people and process improvement strategies for the Scrum team.
- As required, performing people management duties for developers on the team.
- Responsible for supervision of software engineers, software developments teams and process
- Coach and mentor software developer, develop staff skills, provide continuous feedback
- Lead and manage direct reports and set clear goals and objectives
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 5-15+ years of experience developing software & systems for medium to large business environments
- Strong technical leadership skills
- At least 8+ year’s hands-on experience with one or more of the programming languages (e.g. C#, C++, C, Ruby,Java and Python)
- Strong and extensive experience with the Microsoft technology stack
- Strong and extensive experience with design principles (patterns, cohesion/coupling, S.O.L.I.D.)
- Strong background and experience with object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Experience and worked with Services Oriented Architecture and RESTful services development
- Experience with writing clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, continuous integration and deployment, automation, design patterns, refactoring etc.)
- Proven record of mentor and guide less experienced team members to provide technical direction
- Strong experience working with other developers, quality engineers (QE), ops engineers and support engineers to ensure smooth deployment, continual operation and passion for developing good software.
- Expert in leading and participating in design discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Familiarity or experience with Agile engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Experience in open source development
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, HTTP Proxies)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Strong experience with multi-threaded applications and memory management
- Experience with working with legacy code
- Agent of change to drive architecture around RESTful services
- Passionate about continuously deploying software in the Cloud
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress