Manager (Retirement Administration - 401K)
Responsible for managing a staff of Consultants and Assistants in the delivery of excellent client service to plan sponsors, brokers/agents and financial partners in all aspects of retirement plan services. The Manager will lead the staff in maintaining service standards and an environment that promotes achievement and professional growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Motivate, lead and support team members to provide excellent customer service by ensuring that staff is properly trained to respond to inquiries in a professional manner.
- Participate in the hiring process by conducting interviews and evaluating candidates.
- Responsible for providing team members with substantive, periodic feedback on performance, including the completion of performance planning, performance updates and the annual performance appraisal.
- Coordinates processes and procedures with other managers to provide consistent professional services across teams.
- Participates in the overall leadership and direction of Ascensus Consulting by actively participating in leadership meeting, all associate meetings, project activity and annual planning process.
- Monitor service levels and phone activity.
- Monitor associate productivity and metrics.
- Plan and organize workflow in order to meet service commitments.
- Produce weekly/monthly production metrics reports.
- Develop staffing strategies for appropriate allocation of resources to meet business needs and client service commitments/objectives.
- Coordinate the successful training and instruction of new associates.
- Develop staff on industry knowledge, general business skills set, and professional development.
- Develop workflow alternatives that will streamline the production process, including the identification of opportunities for improvement, make recommendations for changes and help implement those changes.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Advanced degree or industry specific certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) strongly preferred
- 3-5 years supervisor/managerial industry experience
- 7-10 years overall industry experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of retirement plans and the services provided by Ascensus Consulting including Compliance and Recordkeeping services
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Polished Presentation Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Conflict Resolution Skills
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Superior Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Superior Time Management Skills
- Ability to travel, if needed
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
- Collaborative, idea-sharing environment
- Professional development
- In-house training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous reward programs
- Paid time off (additional purchase plan)
- Medical, dental & vision benefits
- Health savings account (employer contribution up to $1,100)
- 401(k) & 529 match programs
- Volunteer/charitable-giving programs
- Business casual dress